Thursday, March 15, 2012

It comes around

A small media tornado is building around this trip. Already articles in The Oregonian have come out, radio appearances have been made, television is in the future next week, and yesterday a piece came out in the Oregon City News. (links included to the news articles below).

In the process of reaching out to contacts and being keen to tell the story of Make-A-Wish and the power of dreams, a moment arose early this morning, to clearly see how the ripple effect of living one's dream splashes against people you may never meet.

A reader of the Oregon City News posted at the end of the article:

http://www.clackamasreview.com/news/story.php?story_id=133167418336721500

I was at the State Fair in the grand stands when Ms. Mathis was presented with the mare. I was a sophomore in high school at the time and I've never forgotten it. I was so deeply moved by this little girl and my heart broke that day from the kindness of the Make A Wish foundation and the people that donated the mare. As a lifelong horse addict, I understand fully the special bond between a horse and her girl. I believe there wasn't a dry eye in the whole stadium. Even my riding instructor was dabbing her eyes, and I never thought she had emotion!

I'm so happy to see that Ms. Mathis is alive and well. She is an inspiration and I wish her nothing but the very best in her life. May her life continue to be filled with special moments and may her endeavors be filled with meaning and accomplishments!

The gratitude I have to all the people who are helping me tell this story and are supporting this cause, is boundless. The fact that a stranger has opened their heart to tell their story about how this impacted their life, is pure magic.

This circle is getting bigger and wider all the time. Dare I hope that one day, it may include me actually working at Make-A-Wish? A girl can dream...!

http://www.oregonlive.com/living/index.ssf/2012/02/taking_steps_to_improve_the_wo.html

No comments:

Post a Comment