Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It rises and falls


5 days until I leap on a plane headed for Spain. 5 days to make final preparations and start really BELIEVING that the actual TRIP portion of this project is going to happen....my time up to this point has been so focused on making sure that I deliver on what I offered to Make A Wish that the excitement around the journey has been waiting for its turn to surface :) I suppose really, it's all wrapped up together.

Yesterday I was flipping through elevation maps for day 1 from St. Jean to Roncesvalles and realized that if I go the high route, it's about a 4200ft elevation gain over 8 miles or so. That's like climbing Mt. Hood starting from Timberline...I must confess, I got somewhat breathless at the thought of beginning with such a demanding climb...but then, this seems to be an apt metaphor for how life can come at you. There's not always a lot of opportunity to prepare yourself before facing some daunting challenges.

My plan is to put one foot in front of the other and remember my rallying cry, "Ultreya!" . Courage. Onward! Stay the course.

Up or down, mountain or valley, I am coming to surrender and accept what my body and spirit are made of. To know more fully and to drink it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment