Thursday, May 24, 2012

Up and over-Day 1, The Pyrenees

They call it the Trial By Fire in the english translation of the St Jean to Rocesvalles guide at the office of pilgrims.  The elevation gain is more or less like climbing Mt. Hood from Timberline.  There are wild Basque horses grazing all over the moutnnain hills.   I have pain avec raisons (bread with raisins) in my pocket and my stomach still feels slightly dodgy. Onward. 


By now it is clear that 'ultreya' is not a well known Spanish word but all of my Catalan friends are hopeful that it is a Gallego word.  This amuses me more than I can say. 

Today I have 20 miles and a mountain under my belt and I can feel all sorts of body parts I never knew I had.  

All up, this is not the trip I expected but it is the path I am on and I am continuing with alegria, JOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment