Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Traveling the inner byways

As of the last four months, all my traveling has been of the internal nature, relying on memory and imagination to color the miniscule gaps of time that appear and disappear like worm-holes in the state of being called New Motherhood.





Between the feedings and the changings, the entertaining and the nurturing, people around me are starting to get their wander on, and several, my baby sister included, are taking off for the Camino and Peregrinations Into The World.


Vicarious travel has never seemed so exciting until now.  Remembering the places I have been and the people I have met whilst being on the road evokes a sense of gratitude and excitement on behalf of those going into New Frontiers.  I do not feel the need to go now, but am quite content to wait, germinate and bide my time until the next leg of the journey through the world is fully developed and ready to embark upon.  It may be years before this happens and that is right and fine.  


I am on an adventure of the most human kind at this moment.  Watching and witnessing the unfolding of a spirit coming to land in a body that I helped form and bring into being.  It is its own form of world travel, only this is a stone that will ripple the surface of life's pond with stories and adventures of its own one day...imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment