Friday, June 8, 2012

A retrospective

This was moments before I boarded the plane to Amsterdam and then on to Barcelona to begin my camino journey.  I had just talked to my sister Summer on the phone to get some perspective and ground myself in love.

There was no doubt in my mind that this was exactly where I was supposed to be.

The world was waiting for me to step into its wider arms and co-create inspiration for next steps.

Come on world, breathe in with me.

I had no idea how it was going to play out, who I would meet, where I would land, what inspiration would look like.

Inspiration is not a static concept, but I did not know that in this photo.

And suddenly, I\m in Barcelona, breathing Gaudi for the first time.  Hearing Catalan.

Riding bikes around the city to the sound of revolution over high unemployment rates and plummeting salaries.

Meeting middle-aged Pakastani men who sell me non functioning phones and try to entice me to be a lodger in their dodgy "backpacker hostels".

I'm conversing with women who have travelled the world and dance like dervishes and never seem to age. (She is 50)

The sun is pink and crimson on its descent behind the sea.

I have no idea what my next step is beyond getting to Pamplona and then on to St. Jean Pied du Port, but for right NOW, everything is engraving my eyes with glyphs that sway like palms and taste like gingerbread on my imagination.
This is me at the very begining.  

The first stamp on the credencial, no idea of what may lie on the path in front of me...all I can see is ponies and mountains, seashells and prayers for magic to unfold in waves.

Somehow time froze and shattered and played out. I found myself in love.


And then love became the inspiration, lifting my feet, filling my glass, opening my voice.

Slowly, I began to rise into each day, uncurling my heart, and reaching towards all of the yes and share and friend and communion.




I kept saying 'poco a poco'.  All I needed was one step and the wind and the rain and eyes that looked with length instead of fire.

And the way continued to unfold.  Inspiration became a daily exercise of waking and walking and submitting to the quiet companionship of earth and souls seeking understanding.




No comments:

Post a Comment