Sunday, April 8, 2012

A little piece flies away

Heart is a funny conglomeration of people and memories and adventures each day on the Camino. Today we put Ima on the train back to Tortosa...she had to leave a day early because her uncle passed away last night after a year of trying to get his heart transplant to take.

I learned this in a mixture of Catalan and Spanish, through tears and eyes, without ever speaking a word in my first language. This is the magic of the Camino...that you don´t need to be fluent in 3 languages to be able to speak the truth of the spirit. I miss her already.

Ulrik and I will be travelling on together tomorrow after putting David, Alessia, and Eduardo on their seperate ways back to Catalunia and Italy. We jokingly spoke about going through our ´coming of age´ experience of feeling death and separation from family but it is real now. We have a going away and greeting song that Ulrik played the first day we found him in Zubiri and already the Camino is bittersweet in body and solidarity. I am so grateful for the recognition and discovery of our little familia.

In just one week we have gone from strangers to people who have stamped themselves on each others hearts. Buen Camino mis corazons. Vos Vere hasta pronto.

I am so lucky. So very blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Live deeply. Live well. May you be sent more wayward gypsies that touch your heart just as profoundly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter, my beloved daughter. Parting is such sweet sorrow... On the Camino one never knows who or what the new day will bring... I know that you are loving every moment of this trip. My heart and prayers go with you! Mommy oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete